2021 Cyber Toaster
Tuesday, June 1 - Friday, August 6
Application is Open!
A 10-week paid cybersecurity internship featuring Cyber Fire instruction and data manipulation
Learn from the experts. Cyber Fire School provides students with access to the same instructors and researchers from the Foundry and Simulation events, but for 10 weeks of interactive on-site mentoring.
Play with LANL’s massive data sets. Engineering school students get full access to forensic intrusion data; Research school students have the ability to work with huge data sets and the senior research scientists who collated them.
Learn concepts and skills to investigate cyber security incidents.
Develop innovative solutions to help address national cyber threats.
- Upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in a Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics degree
- Eligible for a DOE clearance (Investigation track only)
- Must have and maintain a cumulative GPA, on a 4-point scale:
- 3.0 (undergrad)
- 3.2 (graduate)
- Moderate experience with a compiled scientific computing language or Python
- Ability to use the Linux operating system
The Cyber Toaster is part of the LANL Information Science Technology Institute (ISTI) summer schools.
Located in northern New Mexico, Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. LANL enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health, and global security concerns.