Monday, April 12 - Friday, April 16
Registration has closed
Become a tool builder.
Cyber Fire Foundry guides you through creating custom solutions for investigating cybersecurity incidents.
Rather than teach recipes for yesterday’s problems, our veteran staff helps you develop the ability to create innovative solutions to pick apart whatever arrives after you leave our event.
A week of intensive learning
Cyber Fire Foundry events feature intensive classes on a single topic, followed by a collaborative exercise to flex your new skills.
Expert-assisted hands-on instruction in the core skill areas DOE uses for incident response.
Participants learn by doing in these heavily lab-based classes. Expect to spend far more time on your computer than listening to lectures.
Crafted to foster teamwork and hone analytical skills, the 2-day cooperative exercise portion pits teams of participants against each other in an engaging cybersecurity battle of wits.
Experts continue to provide guidance and instruction during the exercise.
An overview of everything. Start here if you're just getting into incident investigation!
Examine memory and disk forensic artifacts to find forensic artifacts.
How to manage incident response teams and communicate clearly and effectively to vested parties.
Examine malicious software to discover capabilities, methods, and more.
Using Mathematics and Information Theory, write decoding software for malware network protocols.
Learn the peculiarities of computers that interact with the physical environment.
Past and Future Events
- Foundry 18
- 2021 Apr 12 to Apr 16 : Online
- Foundry 17
- 2020 Nov 16 to Nov 19 : Online
- Foundry 16
- 2020 Mar 16 to Mar 19 : Online
- Foundry 15
- 2019 Nov 18 to Nov 22 : San Diego, California
- Foundry 14
- 2019 Apr 29 to May 3 : Atlanta, Georgia
- Foundry 13
- 2018 Oct 15 to Oct 19 : San Diego, California
- Foundry 12
- 2018 May 14 to May 18 : San Antonio, Texas
- Foundry 11
- 2017 Nov 13 to Nov 17 : San Diego, California
- Cyber Fire 8
- 2017 Feb 6 to Feb 10 : Denver, Colorado
- Cyber Fire 2016e
- 2016 Jun 1 to Jun 30 : Reston, Virginia
- Cyber Fire 2016w
- 2016 Feb 1 to Feb 28 : Las Vegas, Nevada
- Tracer Fire 6e
- 2015 Jun 1 to Jun 30 : Reston, Virginia
- Tracer Fire 6m at DOE Cyber Conference
- 2014 Jan 1 to Dec 31 : Kansas City, Missouri
- Tracer Fire 5 Online
- 2013 Feb 4 to Feb 8 : The Internet
- Tracer Fire 4
- 2012 Feb 6 to Feb 10 : Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Tracer Fire 3
- 2011 Mar 7 to Mar 11 : Santa Fe, New Mexico
- TRACER FIRE 2
- 2010 Feb 22 to Feb 26 : Pojoaque, New Mexico
- TRACER FIRE
- 2009 Jan 1 to Dec 31 : Albuquerque, New Mexico